When patients are unhappy with the appearance of their teeth, their self esteem and even their oral health can suffer. Fortunately, with veneers we can mask a number of dental flaws and create a natural looking, enhanced smile. New Hampshire Family Dentistry offers veneers in Manchester, NH for patients in need of a smile makeover.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, porcelain shells that are designed to be placed over the fronts of unattractive teeth.
Because the process of receiving veneers includes removing a fraction of the natural tooth’s enamel, this procedure is permanent and irreversible.
Advantages of Veneers
Veneers are considered a cosmetic procedure because they work to hide imperfections of a natural tooth. They can hide a number of dental flaws, including:
- discolored teeth- a great alternative to teeth whitening
- uneven teeth
- misshaped teeth
- gaps between teeth
- cracked or broken teeth
- crooked teeth
What to Expect with Veneers
The process of receiving veneers is quick and painless and can be completed in several steps.
- Your first visit includes a consultation with Dr. Praveen Kumar Mandera during which you will discuss your desired results and choose the color, shape and size of your custom veneers.
- After the consultation, our dentist will remove a tiny fraction of the natural tooth’s enamel. This procedure is relatively painless but anesthesia can be used for nervous patients. Removing the enamel allows space for the veneers for a natural looking fit.
- Once the enamel has been removed from the tooth, Dr. Praveen Kumar Mandera will make a mold of your teeth. This mold will be sent to our laboratory and used to craft your veneers. Temporary veneers will be placed over your teeth for protection until your permanent veneers are made.
- Once we receive the veneers from our laboratory (this generally takes 2 to 3 weeks) your temporary veneers will be removed and the permanent veneers will be bonded to your natural teeth using dental cement.
- After any last minute adjustments, you are free to enjoy your newly enhanced smile!
Caring for your Veneers
Veneers can last up to 10 years if properly cared for. In order to ensure a long life for your custom veneers, follow these tips:
- Avoid chewing hard foods with teeth that have veneers– instead try chewing with back molars to avoid cracking or weakening veneers.
- Veneers are still susceptible to discoloration. Avoid dark sodas, coffee, wine or dark foods in order to keep your veneers white.
- Brush and floss daily. Use a non abrasive toothpaste and a toothbrush with soft bristles to prevent scratching veneers.
- Protect your veneers while playing contact sports by wearing a mouthguard.
- Visit your dentist regularly for maintenance and professional cleaning of your veneers. Our dentist can also spot problems with veneers before they even occur saving you time and money.
This cosmetic treatment is a quick and painless way to enhance your smile. Visit our team for Manchester porcelain veneers or call us at (603) 625-1877 to learn more about the process of receiving your smile makeover!