At New Hampshire Family Dentistry, we know that accidents can arise at any time. Because of this, we reserve time in our daily schedule to allow for patients who are dealing with dental emergencies. When one occurs, speed and experience are two factors that can mean the difference between saving or losing a tooth. Our caring and experienced staff provide fast and reliable Manchester, NH emergency dental services.
What is it?
This type of dentistry refers to any situation that may cause pain or damage to your oral structures and requires immediate care. Dr. Mandera’s skill in both cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry means that no matter your accident, you can trust our team to fully restore and even improve your smile’s function and appearance.
Some examples of emergencies may include:
- Teeth knocked out
- Teeth loosened or fractured
- Objects caught between teeth
- Cuts in lips, tongue or cheeks
- Possible broken jaw
If you experience any of these situations, do not ignore it! Contact us immediately for the emergency care you need and deserve!
What to do in a Dental Emergency
When a dental emergency arises, there are several things you can do immediately following the accident that can help to save your tooth.
- Bitten lip, tongue or cheek: Clean the cut by rinsing with warm water and apply pressure with a clean gauze to slow or stop bleeding.
- Broken tooth: Collect the pieces of the tooth, rinse area with warm water. If there is bleeding apply pressure with a clean gauze to slow bleeding. Visit your dentist immediately and bring the pieces of the tooth. For more information on handling a broken tooth, click here.
- Knocked-out tooth: Hold the tooth by the crown and DO NOT remove any tissue fragments. If possible, reinsert the tooth. If it is not possible to reinsert tooth, keep it in a glass of milk or saltwater. Visit your dentist immediately. Teeth that have been knocked out have the highest chance of being saved when it is treated by a dentist within 30 minutes of the accident. Click here for more tips on handling a knocked out tooth.
- Object stuck between teeth: Try to remove the object with dental floss. If dental floss does not work, do NOT try anything else. Contact your dentist immediately.
- Possible broken jaw: Apply a cold compress and visit either your dentist or a hospital emergency room immediately. Here’s more information on how to tell if you have a broken jaw.
New Hampshire Family Hours
At New Hampshire Family Dentistry, we always allow time in our daily schedule to assist patients who come in with a dental emergency. Our regular hours are:
Monday-Thursday 7:30am to 5pm
Friday 7:30am to 2pm
Have an emergency during non-working hours? Don’t worry. During non-working hours, messages left on our answering machine will be checked on a regular basis and one of the attending dentists will call back.
If you experience a dental emergency in Manchester, NH, do not wait for dental care. Visit us at New Hampshire Family Dentistry or call us at (603) 625-1877 for fast dental care.