At New Hampshire Family Dentistry, we provide the latest advancements in dentistry in order to provide quality, top notch care. Dental care that incorporates the power of lasers is one such advancement that we are proud to offer our patients for safe and effective treatment of various dental problems. For patients in need of precise laser therapy, New Hampshire Family Dentistry offers laser dentistry in Manchester, NH.
What is it?
This type of dentistry incorporates the use of an intense beam of light energy. When in contact with tissue, lasers can remove or alter the tissue. Lasers can be used in cosmetic dental treatment, restorative procedures and can even make emergency dental treatment faster and more comfortable.
Is it safe?
Dental care with lasers is extremely safe when performed by a dentist who has been properly trained. In fact, this dentistry can be more precise than conventional procedures. Dr. Praveen Kumar Mandera has been professionally trained and has vast experience in performing dental treatments with lasers.
During laser treatment, patients may only be asked to wear special eyeglasses in order to protect the eyes from the light.
Is it painful?
No. In fact, our patients are often delighted by how comfortable the dental work becomes with laser dentistry. Patients often only experience a warm sensation from the laser. Procedures with lasers do not require anesthesia and is a great alternative to procedures that require painful shots or drilling.
When is it used?
Lasers can be used for various procedures including:
- treating mouth ulcers and cold sores
- removing excess, overgrown tissues
- managing gum tissue during impressions
- treating and removing inflamed gum tissue due to gum disease
At New Hampshire Family Dentistry, we specialize in using lasers to treat mouth ulcers. This is a comfortable, quick and extremely effective procedure that is completed in just two steps.
- During the first stage of this procedure, the patient will undergo four to six minutes of low level laser in contact with the mouth sore. There is no pain involved in this procedure, the patient may feel only a slight warm sensation. The laser stimulates the tissue to disinfect the sore, reduce pain and inflammation and speed up the healing process.
- The next stage of the procedure involves sealing the nerve endings associated with the sore in order to reduce pain.
Patients are typically free to leave our office within 20 minutes. As this is a non invasive procedure, healing time is severely decreased and mouth ulcers usually clear up within days of the laser treatment.
Dental laser treatment provides dental work that is relaxing, painless and effective. Not all dental procedures can be treated using lasers, however, consult Dr. Praveen Kumar Mandera to see if your dental needs can be solved with our laser therapy. Call us at (603) 625-1877 or visit us at New Hampshire Family Dentistry to learn more about how you can benefit from our laser dental treatment in Manchester, NH. Don’t forget to check out the complete list of dental services we provide to keep your smile looking its best.